Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I could get my hands on whoever invented windshield molding...
After carefully replacing the ws gasket using the correct bedding and glazing cmpd...I had a tiny leak just past the rearview mirror. Well, I thougt I could just slip off that strip covering it and squish some more cmpd along that seam and slip the molding back on... no can do. I cannot believe I actually bent the cursed molding and then curse the car even more...arrghhh. What is it about this car that can absolutely bring out the verrryyyy worst in me at times. I would love to shove a piece of this molding and one of these ws clips..... Oh well, another day tomorrow except i worked 1st shift today, 3'd tonite and 1st again tomorrow so am not in the best of moods to fool with the car anyway. Does anyone else hear a still small voice at times that whispers "do not fool with that right now, another day would be much better and more patience"? ..and still forge ahead foolishly...just wondering or as my SWMBO sometimes says, your're wandering again...in the mind.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I heard them voices while trying to carefuly remove the windshield to my coupe.......until I went off the deep end and taped the whole thing inside and out and kicked it out!!!!

My pops was sitting there laughing....

What a scene!!!! I had my neighbor catch it as it flew off the car.

Oh well with new paint you oughta get a new windshield anyway...right?

thanks for the laugh!!!

:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts