Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. My car is a 66 and has a late model 87-93 5.0 Ford Racing Crate motor. It's carburated and has the V-Belts.I mentioned before it is missing the Timing Pointer, so which one of these would I get? If you go to this link and put in Timing Pointer in the search area,it will bring up what's available.
http://mustangsunlimited.reachlocal...501-s%26toggle%3D1%26cop%3Dmss%26ei%3 DUTF-8

2. How do I / what's involved with replaceing the Transmission Vacuum Modulator on a C4 Automatic
http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com/C4_C6_transmission_modulator_p/250-00025900a.htm

Thanks,
Joe

N

·
0 Posts
I will go with door number 2 BOb. You will need a thin 11/16 wrench to unscrew the modulator from the tranny. Unplug the rubber hose and verify its in good shape. If not replace it. Make sure you dont lose the pin that goes into the modulator. It may come out and it may not. You will see what I mean when you get there. HTH

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
The modulator R&R is simple. Screw it off, screw it on. Underneath the modulator (inside the transmission) is a pin. When you remove the modulator, the pin should stay in the trans., but it may come out, no big deal. Screw the new modulator into the trans. making sure the pin is properly engaged into both the modulator and trans. Piece of cake... it doesn't get much easier than this. The only difficulty is getting a wrench onto the nut of the modulator. IIRC, it's about a 5/8" wrench and most wrenches are too thick to fit between the back of the modulator and the back of the trans. I have a special cheapo $.99 wrench that I shaved thinner on the grinder to fit easier. Other than this, piece of cake.

Dave

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Good job Napaguy, you beat me to it...

For door number 1, it looks like this is your only option... available in three different colors.

timing pointer....

Dave

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
As far as the modulator valve, be prepared to lose some fluid when you take the old one out. I just changed one a couple of hours ago on an F350 and forgot about that little detail until it was too late.

Joe

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys,
That's what i figured. Want to keep it simple and inexpensive.
Later,
Joe

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
I don't know why my link didn't work, but I was trying to link your option #3.

Options #1 and #2 are for earlier style engines than your 5.0....

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts