Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may not work on a Mustang this weekend. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Don't worry, I haven't gone over to the dark (Chevy) side. We're going to be doing some mods to Chuck's 1999 F-250 this weekend as practice for doing mine next weekend. We've both purchased 46-gallon replacement diesel fuel tanks for our trucks and will be doing a little work on the fuel line to improve gas mileage and performance.

The problem is those tanks weigh about 150 pounds empty so this will not be an easy weekend of work!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Darn it Laurie, I thought it was a "good" confession......... *G*.

Actualy, I like to either handle something that is less then 50 lbs, or more then 150 lbs. That way I just have to use a jack, lift etc.. Otherwise I will try to lift it anyway. Ask me about installing auto trans's and rearends by hand........... q_p

Good luck on the tanks.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
have a show on Sunday..which means I'll be busting my butt all day Saturday and way into the night to have the car ready for Sunday..*LOL* there's got to be an easier way

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
put the tanks on blocks........take the wheels off the truck and Lower the truck down onto the tanks....

and badabing! you got them in!!!

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, I was just being devilish. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Next time I promise it will be a "better" confession. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would be disowned if I went over to the dark side--my dad worked for Ford for 30+ years! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do a good job, you want to earn that extra dinner roll again this year! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I just spent about 3 hours washing and spray detailing my truck and I'm so tired I can hardly type. It sure is a LOT more work than cleaning my coupe. I also just figured out something that really worries me. Before leaving for the Grand National, I'm going to have to detail my coupe, my truck, and my trailer! I'll have to start working two weeks ahead of time. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But we have to take the stock tank out first! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

We have two very large floor jacks--one for each end of the new tank, which is about 6 feet long.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts