Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...tray. It was a surprisingly large amount of work and a huge pain, but I’m very happy with the results. I removed my old, faded one and bought new speakers and grilles for a cleaner old-school look but with a modern twist. I wrapped the tray in black outdoor fabric to resist fading. There are some fitment issues but I hid them the best I can,

Attachments

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Nice!

Can you give some more info and pics on this "Outdoor Fabric" ???!?!??

Thanks!

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Looks nice. I did a similar thing with black loop carpet to match the floor carpet. Over time it faded. I was able to take black dye and make it look new again.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone! NEFaurora, here's the fabric I used: https://www.joann.com/outdoor-fabric-54in-solar-black/13978010.html

It's outdoor fabric so it's supposed to be UV resistant, but the issue is that if you get a crease in it then it's very hard to get out. I tried to iron out the center crease with medium heat and a lot of steam and it worked for the most part, but I also melted a couple pieces, too. Luckily, it's cheap so you can get extra to practice on. It gives it a nice texture that goes with the more modern parts such as my cut pile carpet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts