Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lil laugh for everyone but the comfort and space without a steering wheel would make my 65 perfect. Ha ha
No wheel pros
Tons of space
I can side the seat up a lot more
Extra leg room.

Cons of no wheel
Can't drive her lol

Smile and stay safe out there during this virus outbreak

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I added some of our own Rebel Racings seat track extenders and a Lecarra style steering wheel from NPD
...much better fit (of me in the car) and was able to keep the vice grips in the toolbox!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
My legs weren't the issue lol...when I bought the car I wore 32X30 jeans.....yeah, those days are gone.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
A vertical tiller bar with a spinner knob at the top should work just fine. The first car invented used them

·
Registered
490 Posts
A vertical tiller bar with a spinner knob at the top should work just fine. The first car invented used them
FYI, Tillers were standard on all cars prior to 1900 when steering wheels first started to appear and quickly became adopted by everyone.

Gregg

·
Registered
130 Posts
FYI, Tillers were standard on all cars prior to 1900 when steering wheels first started to appear and quickly became adopted by everyone.

Gregg
There was a time in the mid 1960's I believe Ford tested a car with a fixed crossbar with 4" hand wheels on each end of the crossbar. If your power steering failed there would have been no chance of controlling the car.

·
Registered
645 Posts
There was a time in the mid 1960's I believe Ford tested a car with a fixed crossbar with 4" hand wheels on each end of the crossbar. If your power steering failed there would have been no chance of controlling the car.
I remember that. It was touted as revolutionary and all cars would adopt it if I recall the hype.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts