Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And wow, are they sweet! I got them from Mustangs Plus out here in California. They're "tri bar" halogen lamps, and lemme tell you.. The normal illumination from the lamps is incredible and the high beam is just insane. People flash their brights at me when I have my NORMAL lights on..

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
At night, can you see the bulb in the headlight assembly? I have thought about going to the halogens but have often wondered if you can see the small halogen bulb insight the glass housing. I want my car to look original, but as a daily driver living in Nowhere, Michigan, I'd like to see the deer a few feet before I hit them!

Doug

'66 signal flare red coupe with styled steel wheels
289 4bbl. w/ power steering, brakes, and A/C
White interior with a bench seat, deluxe seatbelt option, and an extra seatbelt in the back for my three kids . . .

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Even the best headlights should not blind other drivers. Are you sure that your headlights are properly aimed? People should not be flashing you if the tri-bars are properly aimed...no matter how bright they are.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I knew someone was going to say something like that.

It was figurative, not literal.. Sorry =)

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
And about the bulb, no... At night, they are just smooth and white.

I dunno about other less expensive halogen lamps... These suckers cost me almost 200 smackers!

·
Registered
16,014 Posts

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
LOL, thanks so much... =)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love those. Are they clear or blue??