Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They read the will this morning, and my cousin left his car collection to me. There are 14 cars in total, and all are complete. Most of them are un-restored, but I know there's an early Jag, and a K code fastback in good condition, as those were his favorite cars. The other cars include a Porsche 914 race car, 2 Camaro's a 66 GTO (I think it's a rust bucket), A Lotus Elan, 70 Bronco, 66 Ford pickup, Falcon Woody wagon, and a Buick GS. There's also a 4 car hauler rig, an enclosed trailer, three parts cars, and an attic full of parts. They are all california cars except the GTO which belonged to his brother here in MA. I have no clue what to do here, as they need to be moved before August 1st. I'm gonna start getting quotes for a steel building, and figure out the best way to get them here.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
If the cars are in California, you might be better off just moving out here where they won't be subject to eastern rust. Could save you a bunch of money in the long run. Besides, we never have to shovel the sunshine and there is no salt out here.

A good independent car carrier would be delighted to make a pickup at a single point and take a full load to MA. Should be able to get a reasonable price. Two loads should do the job.

I am in San Diego, let me know if I can help.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the cars are in California, you might be better off just moving out here where they won't be subject to eastern rust. Could save you a bunch of money in the long run. Besides, we never have to shovel the sunshine and there is no salt out here.

A good independent car carrier would be delighted to make a pickup at a single point and take a full load to MA. Should be able to get a reasonable price. Two loads should do the job.

I am in San Diego, let me know if I can help.
They will not see water or salt so I'm not worried. I would be worried about earthquakes, fires, mudslides and riots if I did head to LA. I'll stick to Nor' Easters and a short unlikely hurricane season.

·
VMF Ambassador
6,655 Posts
April Fools! but how sweet would that be... man, one day that's actually going to happen to someone

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
It's not Aprils fools yet! (well not on the west coast). Pick what you want to keep and sell the rest to finance the restos. Post some pics to validate your fortune!

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
Take your time going over the stuff. Get a copy of Hemmings Motor News and look for insured car carriers. Lucky you. I wish I had your problem. lol

·
Registered
174 Posts
They read the will this morning, and my cousin left his car collection to me. There are 14 cars in total, and all are complete. Most of them are un-restored, but I know there's an early Jag, and a K code fastback in good condition, as those were his favorite cars. The other cars include a Porsche 914 race car, 2 Camaro's a 66 GTO (I think it's a rust bucket), A Lotus Elan, 70 Bronco, 66 Ford pickup, Falcon Woody wagon, and a Buick GS. There's also a 4 car hauler rig, an enclosed trailer, three parts cars, and an attic full of parts. They are all california cars except the GTO which belonged to his brother here in MA. I have no clue what to do here, as they need to be moved before August 1st. I'm gonna start getting quotes for a steel building, and figure out the best way to get them here.
Sounds like you hit the jackpot...omfg.. wow.. I would so love that.. if we had the space for it..that is...and it would keep my husband busy and out of my hair all year round for like? hmmmmmm the rest of our lives lol...hahahahahahaha... um ok.. back to serious.. that does sound wonderful and I hope all goes well for you.. and have fun.. that's the important thing.. sorry to hear about your cousin though.. RIP..

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
1,174 Posts
Too bad for you - they should have read you the will yesterday. Today it is not valid - especially in CA.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Too bad for you - they should have read you the will yesterday. Today it is not valid - especially in CA.

I believe they did read it yesterday. However I'm not buying it, need to see some pictures.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts