Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to do a disc brake conversion on my convertible as soon as possible, but there is one major hold-up...i cant find any granada brake setups. i have called pretty much every junkyard in my area but no one has any granadas. second, there has not been a good granada setup on ebay in the past couple of weeks. where else can i find the parts for a granada conversion? where else can i check? if anyone knows a junkyard in the middle tennessee area or if anyone has an extra setup lying around, i would appreciate your help. thanks

·
Registered
524 Posts
I believe the Mercury Monarch and Lincoln Versaille's is the same as the Granada. The Versaille's also had rear disc on them and they are supposed to bolt right up. These may expand your search some.

Ductman

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Ive seen 69/70 disc setups, spindle and all, on ebay closing for 250 give or take. Thats not a bad price.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
You can also try www.scarebird.com it is a bracket conversion that uses your original spindle (no alingment or Ackerman issues) and low cost calipers and rotors combined with the original car's drum brake hub. If you use www.rockauto.com you can buy the parts you need at a very low cost.

John Harvey

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Don't know if it's still there but a while back HARRIS SALVAGE BODY SHOP in Lebanon 615-449-5562 had a Lincoln Versaille.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Another option is the Rod and Custom Motorsports kit. It uses the original spindles and is reasonably priced at $350. Rod and Custom Motorsports

Brian

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have your brakes IN STOCK ready to bolt on down to the brake hoses for 425.00 plus actual shipping cost.Call SCOTT at 936-756-2535.Also I will give you EXACT instructions on how to install.Versille brakes DO NOT FIT without MAJOR reconstruction!!!Granada brakes screw up the stance and don't work on factory wheels!!!!GOOD LUCK THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
I have your brakes IN STOCK ready to bolt on down to the brake hoses for 425.00 plus actual shipping cost.Call SCOTT at 936-756-2535.Also I will give you EXACT instructions on how to install.Versille brakes DO NOT FIT without MAJOR reconstruction!!!Granada brakes screw up the stance and don't work on factory wheels!!!!GOOD LUCK THANKS!!!!

(COUGH..... SPAM .....COUGH)

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
22,011 Posts
"Major reconstruction"? I thought we just gave MustangSteve a ring and bought a couple of his ball joint adapters if we used Versailles front brakes. Otherwise a Versailles swap is the same as a Granada swap. I could be wrong.
I know a few people have run into some odd suspension geometry problems but this is the first time I've heard "screw up the stance". Could you elaborate? I have not noticed such a problem on my car.
As for wheel fitment, it's widely known that you can turn down the bearing housing a bit on a lathe and OEM 15" Mustang wheels will fit nicely. Took me all of 10 minutes turning on each rotor to do myself, so I can't imagine a machine shop charging too much for this.
Just chipping in for clarity purposes, this IS a Mustang technical discussion forum. Getting facts straight and learning new things are all in a day's work, so to speak.
I don't blame a guy for tooting his own horn though, perhaps you'd like to elaborate on your particular disk setup and it's advantages? I haven't heard of it and am always looking to learn something new. And 66vintage is far from the only forum member looking into a disk brake swap.

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
Here here,
GypsyR is right. What type of brakes are selling for $425? Based upon the number of users who have installed Granada's I can't imagine all of them pulling their hair out afterwards.

I meanwhile am waiting for a set of '69 front discs to become available for my daughter's '65.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Please elaborate on what you have to offer. I am in the planning phase of deciding which direction to go with converting the power drum/drum on the V8 convertible to power disc/drum. There are so many options from Granada to the SSBC. I did the NPD mini boster 67 MC conversion last winter. And I am not satisfied with the brakes at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.