Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Now that's what I'm talking about. And I think they would look just as wicked on a hardtop or convertible too. If only the price to get them wasn't so damned dear, and to do it right you'd get five because, well, you just would.

·
Administrator
19,413 Posts
I don't know why, but I cannot post...
Ummm, lack of practice? :unsure:

No seriously, NICE picture and added info you brought.
Suddenly. Really, 10 years with one post?

·
Administrator
19,413 Posts
Yeah? How'd the name change happen but still with the "joined in 2009"? I feel like I missed something. Not long ago moderators could help people regain accounts, change names, fix post counts, etc. Now all that's gone and such work has to be handed over to the tech support people so I may well have missed out. Moderators aren't left with much to do anymore or tools to work with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I joined long before 2009 as 289fan, why it cycled to 2009 is probably when the original format of the late 90s changed from an individual's passion to a commercial site.

Yes, I havent been active in VMF, as I was when out of work; yes, the car pictured is one of mine; my signture pic was a Cobra accelerometer, beatermeter(tach), and clock...the ABCs of the GT350...This latest platform recognized 289fan, allowed me to reset my password, create a new Gallery... why it showed my email (partial), I do not know...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here's a pic taken at Shelby's driving school, where not everyone started out in a R-Model. This was a test mule Ford furnished Shelby to work on race parts, pricipally, the GT350

·
Administrator
19,413 Posts
OK, it seemed odd. Like I said, I'd be happy to get your old name back and sort out your post credits (if you wanted) but my hands are tied here these days. It seems management has little or no interest in letting the volunteer moderators do such things for people any more. Perhaps if some people beside me complained...? But I doubt it. Considering throwing in the towel.

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
OK, it seemed odd. Like I said, I'd be happy to get your old name back and sort out your post credits (if you wanted) but my hands are tied here these days. It seems management has little or no interest in letting the volunteer moderators do such things for people any more. Perhaps if some people beside me complained...? But I doubt it. Considering throwing in the towel.
I started this innocuous little thread and I don't care if it goes off the rails. I wasn't aware that the VMF Mod Squad had had their time honored abilities to keep things in order here curtailed. That stinks and cuts deep into the soul of this place. And oh by the way, the banner issue has now convinced me you were right. The powers that be don't give a hoot about what we might suggest in the way of changes for the better around here.

·
Dimples
3,500 Posts
I started this innocuous little thread and I don't care if it goes off the rails. I wasn't aware that the VMF Mod Squad had had their time honored abilities to keep things in order here curtailed. That stinks and cuts deep into the soul of this place. And oh by the way, the banner issue has now convinced me you were right. The powers that be don't give a hoot about what we might suggest in the way of changes for the better around here.
Doesn't surprise me one bit, but I didn't want to be right about that.

Hang in there, Gypsy.

·
Administrator
19,413 Posts
They're telling me the equivalent of the old tools I had use of are supposed to be in the works. Said that last week too. But I have said I would hang in for while and see and so I shall.

We have to keep in mind that the old forum was run for fun. Nowadays it's owned and run by a business. And like all businesses, the prime concern is to show a profit. In some ways that will inevitably be to the forum's detriment. Perhaps one of us will one day win the lottery or something, buy the forum and run it at a loss. I would, but I never can remember or be bothered to fool with lotto tickets.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts