Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 69 mustang that is. Let me just say nice new forum, I haven't been here for a while. It's been too $#!^%* cold out to work on the 67.
Anyway this guy bought this 69 hardtop in '74. It was light green but was primered on most panels. There was some bubbling and a couple of tiny holes in the body.The front valence was trashed. Some dents on the front left fender. Newer vinyl top.
302 C4 I believe. Used up and dirty, nothing special. A/C didnt work anymore. Dual exhaust. AIR SHOCKS ughh. '98 Mustang rims and newer tires.
Interior wasnt too good. Seats re-upholstered, carpet not too bad. Headliner gone, dash cracked up. Passenger side floor has rust holes.

He wanted $5500 OBO. I was thinking more like $2500-3000. It's not a sportsroof, just a regular 69 mustang. What do you all think??

--------
Evan
67-5.0L
eyrules.com/mustang.html

G

·
0 Posts
I think your pricing sounds about right, if not a little high, for what he is asking-5500 you could find a nice fastback with 351 probably.

1967 S code GT Deluxe Coupe 65B
1966 Convertible 76B 289 4 speed
1964 Fairlane 500 2DR HT-the new project
1986 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 the "beater"
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1573428&a=11959254&p=43023698.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Possibly even less than that, depending on how closely you looked at it. Some tiny holes could indicate more hidden. Engine & Trans, how good? Cowls?
Dash pads for the 69 are just becoming available IIRC.

1966 Red Conv (200)
1966 White Pony Int.(289)A Code
1966 Coupe (289) C Code
MCA 36048

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Depends on what you want and how much you wanna put into it..... If its something "You" really want ... then a guy can pay a little more... If its something your gonna sell.... he's on the high side!

Ken

99 GTP
97 Yukon
70 T-bird
68 gt convert

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah now that I think about it, the car would need a full restoration. The engine ran, it was dirty looking though, no smoke out of the tailpipes. I didnt test drive it. He said the transmission is checked every year at Maaco because he has some lifetime service warranty there or something. I didn't check the cowls either because i didnt have a bottle of water with me.
I'm thinking he'll be lucky if he gets $2500.

--------
Evan
67-5.0L
eyrules.com/mustang.html

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I bought my '69 coupe last summer for $1500. Perfect body, just needs paint. I put $500 into it and it has been my daughter's dailiy driver ever since.

I wouldn't pay more than $800 for a that car in the condition you describe.

If you always do what you've always done,
You'll always get what you've always got

·
Registered
391 Posts
Sounds like either a parts car or a potential money pit. It just is not rare nor special and it requires a lot of work.

Russ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts