Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attempted my suspension re-assembly today but it just didn't happen. My lack of knowledge on some of the assembly didn't help too much but a bent strut rod and wrong size sway bar bushings delivered the final blows. It was either use the 11/16" sway bar or go buy bushings tomorrow for the 1". I figured that the 1" was worth the trouble in the long run. Anyway, I couldn't just take defeat and go inside, so I decided to work on some other stuff. It was a day of scraping down old parts and spray painting em, along with some trips to the parts store to pick up new inner and outer wheel bearings and new seals for the rotors. Along with the suspension rebuild I am doing the disc brake swap. I got a decent amount done today and I will make another crack at the suspension very soon bc I HAVE to get that done fast since it is preventing me from taking the car to the machinest's place to drop the motor in. Oh well, another days work. Just thought I would share.

~Chris
San Antonio, Tx
66 coupe 289
70 fastback done by may/graduation...hopefully

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
post some pictures of the restoration or upgrades!!! we would like to see!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Chris, cheer up! It will come together. A project normally takes me 3-4 times the amount of time I alot for it... My engine assembly is coming together quite nicely though. If it weren't so damn hot in the garage I'd go finish the last 3 pistons and slide the cam in. I'm waiting for the sun to go down I guess.

I've got dead week coming up at the end of the month, let's get together sometime. I'd like to see what all you've done.

John

[color:blue]'68 Coupe
250/C4, 221 Argentine Head
Breakaway Converter, 9", 3.50's/T-lock</font color=blue>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't be frustrated!! It'll all work out!! If you have any questions, then post away, and I'm sure you'll get plenty of answers. That's how I learn, by making mistakes!! Good luck.

65 coupe 302
(rebuilding a 351W)

·
Registered
923 Posts
Remember were here. Sometimes we all need some help and motivation

My son got me into this and I'm having a ball
65 fastback, 289, 3 speed, Holly 1850, Edelbrock intake. SSB front disks in a box, Canadian Mustang "real big kit" suspension in alot of boxes,
Right now lots of boxes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would love to post some pics of the car except that I dont have a digital camera. I think thay my cousin has one so if he does I will see if I can snap a couple shots.

~Chris
San Antonio, Tx
66 coupe 289

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand John, these things sometime take longer than expected. Only problem is that I dont have that time. I am so extremely dedicated to finishing before graduation in late may and it still needs the drive train dropped in and to be painted. All this is waiting on my re assembly of the suspension. Sooner car rolls, sooner it gets powertrain. Sooner it gets powertrain, sooner it gets painted. Sooner it gets painted, sooner I am happy. You get the point /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Anyway, yeah we should get together sometime. Let me know when you have dead week. I will probably be in school but I can always meet up with you on a weekend or after school and u can come see the fastback in progress (or maybe even work on it if ya want!!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif ) If you are on 281 and 1604 you are very close to where I live. Are you going to New Braunfels next weekend? I think I am going out there on saturday. Tomorrow I have to run down to alamo classic and pick up some parts mark is holding for me. It's gettin late, talk to u later John.

~Chris
San Antonio, Tx
66 coupe 289

1 - 7 of 7 Posts