Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
I agree, the website sucks large time. Something like Rock Auto's would be great. Until then, I'll use the catalog and then go online to order.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
I'll have to agree here. I've been a long time supporter of NPD, always recommended them, used them, etc, but haven't had to buy anything for a while while on my truck builds. I did buy about $500 worth of stuff a couple weeks ago. I sat down on the couch, grabbed a beer, and figured I'd punch in an order quick and get back to watching the boob tube. I hadn'e realized how different it was, and it took me almost an hour to find and order roughly 10 items. While not impressed, I'll still continue to order from them as Rick has 100% earned my business through prior orders and conversations. I just wish it were easier to navigate. As far as CJPP.... never going to happen...

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Yep, no excuse for the website. I still use them for all the the Mustang specific stuff and would never consider ordering fro CJ again. EVER! I have call to order from NPD to make sure of pricing and stuff. I shouldn't have to. As someone mentioned earlier, the Rockauto site is the simplest and straight forward way to buy parts.

·
Registered
658 Posts
With the quality of the NPD catalogue and their knowledgable over the phone sales people the web site is a non issue.
Agree. The NPD search function is horrible. It should be called the haystack function as that is what it returns on a simple search. A catalog with a good index (which NPD has) is faster than any vendor with good search capablity. Mostly, I use the catalog, write down the part numbers, go online and order.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Sometimes I do enjoy looking through the catalog and making a plan on what I want to do. Other times, I need to make progress in a very specific area and I may not know all the parts I need, or what they are called. That is usually when I go to CJ and do a rough search to find the part, and look at the recommended parts I might need as well, like bolts, etc. Then I try to go back to NPD and see if I can convince the search engine to give me what I know is in there. It's frequently on the second page.

I personally would really like a direct URL to a part so I can link them in my blog and save people time trying to find what to buy.

Heck, I would even volunteer my time to make the title and descriptions better if I could. Might even be talked into taking some pictures.

I am a loyal customer, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like the shopping experience to be better. I know I would spend more if it would tell me the other parts I might need when I buy the one I am looking for too.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
I wouldn't even use NPD except for the fact they're the best on the planet for having what you need, letting you buy it and getting it to your door...

Website, smebsite... Jiminy Cricket.

If you don't have a phone (that's landline or cell), you probably have a problem, otherwise STFU and call for your parts...

Unbelievable to me for someone to bitch about NPD.

Allen

PS, this is not a paid advertisement, but I'm still trying to get @69bossnine to chip in... :LOL:

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
sometimes i forget there are a lot of boomers in this forum.
If you don't like boomers, you could always GTFO...

Or stay and learn a little...your choice...

It's a knowledge sharing website with the common denominator being Stangs...

Allen

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
If you don't like boomers, you could always GTFO...

Or stay and learn a little...your choice...

It's a knowledge sharing website with the common denominator being Stangs...

Allen
i didn';t say i dont like boomers. i just should have known better that some would chime in and push the telephone and catalogs in. which is fine. everyone has their preference

·
Registered
777 Posts
I love npd because of their high quality stuff. Never appeared to me the website is so bad as stated here.
+1 for the catalog. I hope they keep it forever!

I personally don’t like the rock auto website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
i didn';t say i dont like boomers. i just should have known better that some would chime in and push the telephone and catalogs in. which is fine. everyone has their preference
You didn't say you don't like them, but you made damn sure to go out of your way to mention them. Be sincere...this thread had/has nothing to do with any age group, mine or yours, so stop trying to make it be.

Allen

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
You didn't say you don't like them, but you made damn sure to go out of your way to mention them. Be sincere...this thread had/has nothing to do with any age group, mine or yours, so stop trying to make it be.

Allen
i have no problem. but your reply back there took a bit of a jab at me so i'll jab back.

·
Premium Member
3,753 Posts
Catalogs are points.
Websites are coil-on-plug.
I can work with both.
I'm fortunate enough to have lived in the old school and the new school and appreciate both.
I can find stuff on the web, including NPD's site, faster than most, using any device you can throw at me, I can pick up a phone, speak with some intellect and describe what I need, and yeah, I still like a paper catalog for some quiet no-screen time. The young'uns should try that sometimes. Not everything comes from pushing a freaking button or paying somebody else to do it or getting it handed to you because somebody else already did the hard work. I'm half the age of some, twice the age of others, 16 when I drive my car and sometimes I'm the smartest guy in the room. But I still have things to learn. We all do. Boom that.

@69bossnine, good Sir, there's probably a web engineer on VMF that would build your site for damn near free just to get their company name out there. I can make some recommendations. Maybe I'll write a letter in cursive and sign my name, and put it in my mailbox, and raise the flag for service. My mail carrier's name is Jon. He is a very nice and hard-working person that loves my modest collection of old cars. It'll take a couple of days to get there. You'll need an interpreter over 30 to read it and tell your digital assistant what it says :ROFLMAO: but I'm sure you and I speak the same language.
--clicks Post reply--

21 - 40 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.