Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw the movie "Bullitt" and it um, kinda sucked. The chase scene was cool, but the movie was kinda corney. I like the stang, it didn't have the front horse emblems and corrals... anyone know about it? I'm thinking of leaving mine off too.

Thespazardman

G

·
0 Posts
That's why I got it on DVD, eaiser to skip to the chase scene. The story I heard on the grills was there were two 68's used in the filming. One was a GT and the other was a plain fastback. To make the cars look the same the movie company removed the badging and grill emblems.

68 restomod coupe (sold)
69 Mach1
67 coupe - Son's

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I think it was more along the lines that FoMoCo wouldn't allow Bullitt's producers to use the emblems on the car used in a chase such as that.

You'll notice that the "chasee" car also does not have the correct (doesn't have any) emblems.

·
Registered
884 Posts
The next time you watch the movie, count the number of hub caps that the dodge losses. During the chase I counted a loss of 4 plus the 2 that I could still see on the left side before the final blowup. Well only in the movies.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Hm, a recent issue of Motor Trend stated 5 but I know, that was Motor Trend. I did notice the same '67 Firebird and Volkswagon bug in several shots...

Regards,

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
A cop movie from 60ies or 70ies that isn't corny. Come on. Still, I ff to chase also. Although I like corny movies more than these Willis-Seagal-whoever action movies.
Two annoying features are slo-mo Beetle and constant gear changes on the open road. Top 3 chase anyway.

Door handle first when cornering

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also noticed a white/cream/yellow pontiac firebird in the movie that was shown 5 or 6 times in the begginning and throughout the chase. There was also a VW Bug that showed up quite a bit.

Thespazardman

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
I did not love the movie either, but the chase scene was pretty good.
As for chase scenes from movies of that era, I always liked "The French Connection" with Gene Hackman. IMHO a better movie too....Dickson

1965 GT fastback / "Fastbasketcase" (by Midlife)
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts