Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Know i am going to get flack over this but hear my situation:
I have owned this 68 conv. for over 6 years & now that I am starting to build uit up I realized I had better do a title search since I have no paperwork on it.I bought he car at an auction. my friend (a cop) ran the vin & it comes back as the title has been surrendered, which, in NY means that the only way to title the car is to documant all the repairs & have reciepts for parts bought to repair it.
now, if you have ever tried to get a reciept from a private individual for a used fender, hood, or any other part, you will know it is virtually inposible. anyway that is why I need papers & vins for my car.
the car is a 68 c code convertible. if anyone can help, please email me @ [email protected]
thanks

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
just go out to your local office supply store and buy some receipt books in a couple of different formats with different sequence numbers and start making receipts or get to using your word proccessor and create your own. i am sure that would be a lot safer than screwing with vins and titles from another car.

·
Registered
71 Posts
werd

·
Registered
404 Posts
Did you get a bill of sale from the auction? If you have the bill of sale, you can call the state police and they will send an inspector out to look at the car and run the vin to make sure it isn't stolen and you should be able to get the paperwork you need that way so you can get your title. If that doesn't work, do some research. There are some states that don't require titles for older cars. If you know someone in one of those states you may be able to register it there and then with your registration you may be able to get it titled back in your state. There are also companies that specialize in getting cars titled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts