Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'v been told a 8 or 9" rear would bolt right in for my 67 coupe. Can any one tell me what car I can pull one out of? please specify the make/model/year.
Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
An 8" or 9" from a V8 Mustang from '67 thru '70(?) will bolt right in with a U-joint mod. Aslo, an 8" or 9" from an '75-80 Granada, Monarch, or Versaille will drop right in. Others will work as well, but these are the ones that have dead on flange spacing.

John

[color:blue]'68 Coupe
250/C4, 221 Argentine Head
Breakaway Converter, 9", 3.50's/T-lock</font color=blue>

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just something to think about...

As you are looking for a new rear end anyway, you can probably pick up one from one of the 75-80 models above with rear disc brakes still attached. It'd be a quick, easy, and cheap way to uprade to discs and a 9" rear.

-Aaron

Did you know that 65-70 Mustangs have a design deficiency that may result in fuel entering the passenger compartment during a rear-end collision? Send me a private message for info and fixes.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Find a good 77-80 Granada and rob the front disk brakes and the rear end assembly. try www.valuparts.com.

http://216.71.48.244/archive/mikecar.jpg

65 Fastback 289 4spd in storage :-(
91 CRX Si... A.K.A. my go-kart with AC!
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Mike_B on 04/20/01 03:20 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[color:blue]if you dont mind a challenge, and you want to be different... a rear from a 97 explorer is the same width as a 67 and has disc brakes, the yoke is different, but i made it work on my 66, and i'm 19, dont discount the 8.8, all the late model boys run em, and with nice results... also the explorers come with either 3.55 gears or 3.73's and all come with 31 spline axels, check out my website for more info, or feel free to ask more questions if you are interested in the swap...

/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[color:blue]Todd Dietrich
restomod junkie, 19 year old kid who has too many ideas and not enough money to finish any of them..
ObsidianSpider on AOL IM
http://home.att.net/~obsidianspider/5lugwormviewsmall.jpg</font color=blue>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts