Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a new set of wires from a local chain auto parts place for my 65. I am in the process of starting her my 65 up after years sitting.
The wire set i picked up boots don't have a good fit on the coil or distributor cap.
Are the Motorcraft ones from mustang places worth it?
I also see RockAuto have motorcraft ones.
Happy 2020

·
Premium Member
12,039 Posts
Auto parts stores typically have 2 sets of plug wires cheap chinese and not so cheap chinese. I'd go for the Motorcraft wires. Probably made in china but better quality.

·
VMF Ambassador
6,665 Posts
I use Moroso wires, they are pricey but also fit really nicely and seem to last a long time. Still work on mine after 60,000 miles, at least.

Reactions: Hemikiller

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
I have flame throwers. Very happy with them and they look stock and not expensive

b4 that I had Bosch Premium that I bought at NAPA and really liked them but they were grey. I thing theyre better than the flame throwers resistance wise

anytime you buy anything OTC tell them you want Premium Grade

·
Registered
954 Posts
Since most "OEM" replacement wires aren't always correct, I bought the wire set so I could cut them to the correct length for my 66 and crimp on the terminals.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,658 Posts
On my personal vehicles that I care about I buy universal "performance" wires. That way I can size them so they'll look neat. I'm not OCD or anything but I just can't sloppy plug wires. Like where a wire is too long so you have to take it past the spark and then loop it back. Ick.

·
Registered
9,829 Posts
I use Moroso wires, they are pricey but also fit really nicely and seem to last a long time. Still work on mine after 60,000 miles, at least.
... and Made in the USA!

·
Registered
13 Posts
CJ offers OEM style wires made by Scott Drake. I have been using an OEM style set made by Marti Autoworks. They look good and have been in use in my 65 200 CI convertible for the last six year (I only drive it around 1,000 miles a year). They're priced about the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts