Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a 65-66 Mustang....

From the top corner of either inner fender apron (the passenger side will probably offer the best access), measure straight down the side of the apron directly in front and rear of the shock tower to the top of the framerail. To avoid any confusion, please measure at a right angle to the frame rail (I realize that this will force the top of the tape further away from the top of the shock tower).

I'm trying to determine if (more like how much) my forward frame rails are too high.

I plan on breaking out the cutoff wheel at 7AM, so I kinda need this info ASAP.

TIA,
Dave

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
Can't get it for you tonight but if you don't get the measurement, I can do it tomorrow afternoon.
Duane

·
Registered
704 Posts
If I measured correctly (see crappy picture), I got 18 1/2" in front of the tower and 18 13/16" behind the tower. This is holding the yard stick flush up against the apron... hope that helps.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j296/65droptop_photos/PC1405388P.jpg

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm putting my boots on.... this is exactly what I needed!!!!

I know it doesn't seem like much, but your supplied info is a big piece to a rather confusing puzzle.

VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts