Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody who has pictures/illustration of the inside and outside of a 66 alternator inline6? I'm having trouble where the wires should go. It's a 66 Mustang C4 200cid.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have it rebuilt two months ago and still I'm having battery discharge. Two day ago, an electrician inspected it and found a "black square thing" hanging loose with wires attached to it (inside the alternator), he inserted it to a proper hole and assembled it again.

I'm no electrical guru, but do you think that's the reason why my battery is not charging at all? I'm afraid to take it out of the road since I don't wanna be bothered with tow trucks again.

I need your advices. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
19,169 Posts
The Ford Shop Manual has reasonably good diagrams of the interior of the various alternators. I'll bet, however, that you don't have the original alternator (most go bad by now).

Start the car and see what voltage you have at the battery. If it is 13.5 to 14.5 V, you're good to go. If you don't have a volt-meter, take it to any decent auto parts store, and they can check your charging system, usually for free.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts