Vintage Mustang Forums banner

I Need Better Parts

722 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ponies 
#1 ·
I ordered some parts (new nuts for the seats and new plugs for the seat access holes in the floorboard) for the Stang last week and went to install them yesterday. Neither of the items fit.

The nuts had two problems. The thread size was incorrect. They also didn't look like the OEM nuts - they didn't have the big flanges.

The plugs were too small. Bag they came in said they were made in India -- nice.

I bought all of these items from a Mustang parts place. Is there anywhere I can get factory originals on these parts? Or, do you guys know of a quality place that remakes/sells these parts?

#5 ·
I bought the seat nuts and the seat pan hole plugs from Mustangs Unlimited.
The nuts came in a Scott Drake package (probably packaged AMK). They are exactly
like the originals. Each seat has three regular and one large access hole.
All the plugs fit perfectly! I believe NPD carries the same stuff.

G
#7 ·
I can still buy the seat plugs for my 66 from ford believe it or not. There should be a part number on the plug and I called the ford dealer I use and they were able to round me up some. Might be worth a try.

#8 ·
Thanks for all the replies, fellas.

I bought the seat nuts and the seat pan hole plugs from Mustangs Unlimited.
That's where I bought mine from too. The nuts I received I could have gotten at any hardware store. I wanted the original style. (That's what's pictured in their catalog.)

The reason I am replacing mine is because I only have 2 factory nuts. The others are just plain-old hardware store nuts. The drain plugs are torn and don't properly seal.

#9 ·
I got my plugs at NPD, fit perfectly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.