Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I really need some pics of your guys kickdown cable and what not down by the trans. As I was adjusting mine tonight, I actually had to chase MORE threads on the kickdown cable to get it to position correctly and I've just got a bad feeling that something isn't right.

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
Are we talking C4, AOD? Stock 67 auto linkage and cable, or Lokar cable?

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stock 67 C4 cable and linkage.

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
Looking at the side of the tranny, is the kickdown lever at a 1 or 7 o'clock position? It must be at 1 o'clock.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's at 1 o'clock. My biggest issue is where it connects to the accelerator rod. Something just isn't right, I realize that repro parts are sometimes bad, but I don't know that they could ever be THIS bad. I had to tap new threads on the kickdown cable all the way to the cable itself, and I don't know if I'll have enough threads even then! Some pics would really help.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Come on, all the people on here with C4's and not one can snap me a pic?

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't believe this. So many C4's and not one pic?

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, it partially is, but I need the whole thing.

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
Aaron,
What do you mean, the whole thing? You need a pic showing specifically what? Cobra6 somehow found a pic I took of how the cable fastens to the linkage arm.

That pics shows approximately how much threads should be in front and in back of the linkage arm. But it doesn't seem to be what you are looking for.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I need the spring part that shows from the spring bracket all the way to the arm on the tranny. I have a feeling that my TCP throttle linkage is playing a role in my confusion too because I don't know approximately where the pedal is suppose to be sitting.

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
Sorry,
I don't have a pic of that. I never used such a spring when Red had a C4. The only spring used was the throttle spring up by the carb.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Craig,
I didn't realize that was your pic - I pulled it a while back as a reference and had it in my directory.

If I had known it was yours I would have given you credit. Did you post it on VMF once?

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Rick, but seeing as I'm destitute, $50 goes a long way on parts the car really needs. Yeah, I know it pays for itself in the long run, but it won't make my car run, while on the other hand, a set of plug wires will. :p I'm definitely investing in one, hopefully when I go back to work in a couple months, but as my job is seasonal, money is especially scarce right now.

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
Beri,
Yes that's my blue vice in my garage. Back then I was trying to determine how the properly connect the cable to the kickdown arm of the linkage. I don't care about credit. It's good to see others using some of my pics.

Aaron,
You seriously don't have a manual for that car and you can't afford one? As brutal as it may sound, then you have no business owning such a car.

Buy a manual.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You're probably right, but as I could in no way even get half the money out of it as I've put into it in its current condition, I have to at least get it presentable before I can sell it and have my stress level drop 50%.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts