Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that it is possible to "buff" a plastic lens to a near "new" condition. I checked the "search" index and could find nothing that directly addresses this issue. How can this be done?

Tom

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
What lens are you talking about? With light scratches & discoloring it's possible. Try wetsanding the lens with 1500 grit & then buffing with some buffing compound. I'm talking about a real buffer, not the orbital waxing buffer.

·
Registered
839 Posts
If you can find a bottle of 3M Fill 'n Glaze at your auto parts store or paint supplier, it will work too. I have used this on the plastic covering on my drums (musical instrument) to remove scratches and it also left a nice shine/glaze to the surface. Just keep wetting the rag with the solution and hand rub. It may take a bit of rubbing depending on the results you want.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Another product you can use is Collinite. Check out their website at www.collinite.com . They have a few products, waxes, cleaners, etc you might want to check out. ;)

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Meguiars makes a 2-stage plastic cleaner and plastic polish. Works great if the plastic is mildly hazy. Won't take out serious scratches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts