Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the balancer off my car today and the rubber in the stock harmonic balancer is in pretty bad shape. It is cracked and missing in many parts. After searching around on here it seems Romac is pretty highly thought of but I can't seem to find anyone that sells them. Do you suggest anything else? By the way here is the engine setup it would be going on:

Rebuilt heads from Power Head Service
Isky 500 lift exhaust and intake cam(recommended by Ralph at Power Head services)
Weiand Stealth intake
Holley 570 street avenger
I'm gong to stay with the stock distributor with pertronix ignition like I had before (decided against the MSD setup).
I already had Hipo exhaust manifolds and I am happy with them so they are staying.

A fairly mild setup.

The mustang vendors all sell a reproduction oem style balancer for around $100. Would that be edequate or do I need to go with something like a Romac?

Sorry for all the questions the past few days but I do appreciate the knowledge and advise you guys have been sharing. It has already been lots of help.

Alan

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
I seem to remember either jeg's or summit having their own branded balancers pretty cheap.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I was in the same ordeal you are in. I ended up just putting on a Ford Racing Balancer. I love it, good quality and problems and I take the car to drag strips all the time. With a mild setup theres no reason to get anything special. I have a mild motor too. The balancer may not be made by Ford, cause alot of times they are outsourced, but its the same quality as anything else in its price range... $119 with shipping and tax. Goodluck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts