Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously... it is either unreachable most of the time or the Server is Too Busy to even get in there and look around. Over the last 3 days I have been able to get in there once to see the date of the last show and then it went belly up on me when I was going to do some shopping.

Why bother with a site if it's going to be such a poor experience for customers???

·
Registered
345 Posts
Ever since I got broadband I haven't been able to visit the site at all!! And I got broadband two years ago. I thought it was a problem with my ISP, but even when I use dail-up, the website can't be found most of the time.
It has been a real PITA ordering stuff from both NPD and Mustangs limited for my restoration project.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Yeah, It`s hard to use that`s for sure.
I usually just call or drive over when I want something, It`s only about 30 min away ;)
That way you know what you`re getting also ::

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
The sales people even told me not to order from their site but rather to phone it in as it takes along time to even process an order they get online.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Actually, I like parts123 (CJ Pony parts, for example) over some of the other sites. There is a Mustangs Parts place in OK, I won't mention the name ;), that returns TOO many hits on a search. I mean, if I type in "power steering cylinder" (in quotes), I don't want brake cylinders, or power brake boosters, and I certainly don't want books or videos. I want a power steering cylinder for 65-66, perhaps the hoses, and certainly the rebuild kit.

MU's site has been good to me until recently. Maybe we can blame Blaster/Welchia/Sobig. Ultimately MU for not splitting their services across servers.

·
Registered
858 Posts
It's down right now also...

I nominate ANY site that uses the "parts123" system. It's horrible to find anything. I just go to a different vendor when I run into parts123.... ::
haha and i thought iwas the only one that followed that rule! ::
cj pony parts is HORRIBLY slow....not the site...but when u order a product...it took 2-3 weeks to get to me! ::

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I am not sure what is going on here............
I have used their site frequently in the past few weeks to look up parts and prices, (and even placed orders) since I didn't have a hard copy of the catalog (they were out of them for weeks). Everything went smoothly and seemed to be timely. (I use them a lot of times if I need something in the next day or two.)
I even have been looking last night at the show galleries for ideas on wheels and stuff.
This is not necessarily a plug for them, but the problem may be something besides the web site.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I've never had a problem with their site and the parts i've ordered through it has come with in a week (except things on backorder). It is a little un organized and hard to search for a specific part though.... But i've never had access problems .

NPD is working on an online catelog that should be up in a month or so from what i've heard over on SN

1 - 14 of 14 Posts