Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dad originally had both cars. He first bought the vert in the 70's and then found the matching coupe in '83.
My brother got the coupe for graduation (and then FF 25 years) and i bought the coupe.

Now my dad was finally ready to relinquish the vert.
She needs body work and mild interior work (dash panels). Probably a front suspension rebuild and shocks.
But dad has driven it occasionally and it drives well (enough).

So welcome the newest member to the corral. ;)

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Dad originally had both cars. He first bought the vert in the 70's and then found the matching coupe in '83.
My brother got the coupe for graduation (and then FF 25 years) and i bought the coupe.

Now my dad was finally ready to relinquish the vert.
She needs body work and mild interior work (dash panels). Probably a front suspension rebuild and shocks.
But dad has driven it occasionally and it drives well (enough).

So welcome the newest member to the corral. ;) View attachment 808798
All I can say is WOW!! WOW!!! WOW!!!!! 😁

·
Premium Member
8,235 Posts
Verrrrry niiiiiice !!

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all...
Yeah, i was considering all kinds of ways to get the HPs and finally i have come back to just restore the 'vert and drive it as-is.

(The matching coupe came with 390, so i will drive that when i feel the need to apply tire-boogers to the rear fenders ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
There’s a whole 3 or 4 part series on sequential improvements on a Ford 300 I6. Not quite the same as your displacement, but point being, it made some nice N/A numbers that your 200/250 might be able to replicate in some fashion.

The link below will get you on your way, give the other series a gander. The I6 made GREAT power in the end. That and a nice T5 would make it a blast to drive and provide superb freeway gas mileage.

Reactions: Huntingky

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
S
Thanks all...
Yeah, i was considering all kinds of ways to get the HPs and finally i have come back to just restore the 'vert and drive it as-is.

(The matching coupe came with 390, so i will drive that when i feel the need to apply tire-boogers to the rear fenders ;)
Search the Fordsix.com site they have a member on there who have as their signature "it runs 10's" and his wife drive it at the track. But I don't know if that 6 cyl Falcon can be street driven.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts