Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and did it yesterday. Ordered a Kenne Bell Blowzilla . I'm ordering from superchargers online for $3,197.31 delivered. There sales staff were less than helpfull in answering technical questions. I called the tech line at Kenne Bell and they were a tough to get ahold of. I'm glad i called. All the web information says the blowzilla is too large for a street application. What it turned out was 8 pounds of boost is too much for street gas but they have a 6# pulley which will make it perfect for a 5.0 with aftermarket heads.

Nobody knew what hell awaits me putting it in a lincoln VS. mustang but thats a subject i'll post under the topic "slightly stoopid"

This may sound silly but this is a chilhood dream of mine ever since i saw my first supercharged drag racer to someday have a supercahrged car. Technology has changed and so have my dreams but i still love the thought of a blowner. I'm just old enough now to want it hidden under my hood rather than sticking out of it 2 feet.

The kenne bell are a twin screw whipple style supercharger. Its similar to a roots type blower sticking out of the hood but the pump is a bit different. But just like a roots blower it has full boost by 2,500 rpm. It also produces less heat than a paxton style unit which is goos since there impossible to intercool. At 6 pounds of boost i'll be required to run premium pump gasoline but other than that used everythng else stock from the 5.0 HO mustang.

The difference between a man and a boy is the price of his toys!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I love the idea of a supercharger. I really want a paxton carb in box setup for my '65. That'll have to wait for a while, I guess.

A co-worker of mine put a procharger & a few other goodies on his 2001 Cobra. He just had it dyno'd & it put out 446 HP @ 5600 rpm & was still climbing. I think he'll have some quarter mile times for me on Monday - it's first trip to the track is this weekend.

What are you putting it in, exactly? Whatever it is, It'll be a badass.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
3 grand, whew... That's an entire year of tuition to my university. Good lawd...

·
7,075 Posts
Nice blower. Good luck with the install. It should be a VERY interesting project. Please take a lot of pictures.

Phil

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get a decent degree from that university and you too can away 3 grand on a supercharger.

Work hard, play even harder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts