Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I BC/CC'd my dash this morning. I had to finish by about 9:00 or it would be too warm for my reducer. Oh well, I usually don't off my neighbors with the compressor that early.

Well, see how it looks when it drys. It looks good now, but it takes three hours until its dust free.

I painted the dash Wimbledon White in honor of the current tennis tourney (not really). The car will be painted White with Guardsman Blue Stripes, so I just painted the dash the same color. I figure it will look better than rattle can white.

Now I just need to see whether I will use the rattle can blue for the two tone, or go with the good stuff. This good stuff is expensive.

So far I have spent $300.00 on paint (plus $125.00 for a new gun and $125.0 for a sander/polisher) and I have painted the dash and the trunk interior. I'm just doing the stripping, priming and jamb painting, so I'll probably need another quart of clear. I should be able to make the BC stretch and I have a gallon of primer. Shouldn't be too much more expensive, except having the body shop shoot the exterior.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Awesome, post some pics if you can. I'd like to see how everything turns out as well. What kind of paint do you have to use for projects like that?

--Lightnin

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The paint is PPG Deltron Basecoat/Clearcoat. Its relatively excesive for this use, but I had it on hand.

So far, it looks pretty good. There are some dust flecks in it, but I think I can polish it out. Not bad at all.

Pics will have to wait for some old fashioned picture developing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts