Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And a CAMARO OWNER pulled over and gave me a lift to the nearest Chevron s that I could get some gasoline. He even offered to let me use his gallon reserve tank to fill up and take back to the Mustang since I didn't have one with me at the time.

When I first got my Mustang, I was really secularlist. I alw3ays said, "bah to bowties and mopars and everything not Mustang" but as I have been in the classic car realm for a few months now... I really think it is a family. Whether you own a Mustang, or a Firebird, or a Ranchero, or a Nova... You're all part of the same classic family. It's great!

Oh, and his Camaro was sweet.. A '71 Z/28 with a turbo intercooled 350 cube engine running straight pipes... Whew, I could barely hear myself THINK in that car at IDLE, let alone 3000 rpm.

G

·
0 Posts
So who was this guy racing???

/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

[color:blue]'68 Coupe
250/C4, 221 Argentine Head
Breakaway Converter, 9", 3.50's/T-lock</font color=blue>

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahha. There was a bunch of us racing... We weren't going 80 or anything... It wasn't even racing really... I couldn't think of a better word. There were more than 9 of us (a couple Firebirds, a Camaro, and a few Mustangs) that just happened to be on that road at the same time. Here in Northern California, the streets really open up to people wanting to cruise their classic cars... This Camaro had some tough competition with a 1965 Mustang that had a 5.0L EFI engine under the hood.. fun fun!

G

·
0 Posts
Sounds like fun. I notice that you get a kind of respect form other classic car drivers too.

"The little voice in my head is telling me more horsepower."

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Bummer!!

Better fix that fuel gauge...

I was racing a Camaro up Hwy17 to Santa Cruz one night, when he ran out of OIL...hehe

[color:blue]
1967 Acapulco Blue coupe,Corbeau,LeCarra,Alpine in-dash CD
302 4V,C4,9"3.25:1open,TTD225-60-14,1968 PDB,BB drums
http://www.geocities.com/mlnielsen_67/index.htm
WEBSITE UPDATED 3/25/01
</font color=blue>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts