Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I drove the Mustang home today, what a difference! I love my AOD! When it slipped into OD for the first time, it was sweet victory! It shifts nice and the kick down worked absolutely perfectly! The rack and pinion is awesome even with-out the proper alignment! It doesn’t drift, the wheel is not the least bit sloppy, and it now kicks ass on grooved pavement. The new 50 series Flowmasters rock!

I’m just a happy camper, even if the power steering pump is groaning.

So I’m happy with myself that I did all this in a week and no real problems.

Later!

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I have had a AOD in my cougar for 7 years behind a 351W and it has been great. Put the 3:50 gears in it and 3 chamber flows. First and only transmission rebuild attempted so far and it is still going strong. The Baumann engineering shift kit has been super too. John

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Did you try a different PS pump? It sounds like you have air in the lines. Jack the front up and get the weight off the wheels, with the car running, turn from one lock to the other back and forth for alittle while and see if that bleeds the air out. Good luck.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,670 Posts
I've been running AOD's for quite a few years and love them.
My recently acquired driver Bronco has a C6. I keep catching myself looking at the indicator to make sure I'm in "OD" and not just "D". Darn it, there is no "OD"! Maybe I'll get used to it.
Congrats on your success. Getting all that done and sorted out in a week is something indeed.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments, but it was easy to plan, organize and make last minute alterations to my plans when there is such a vast amount of knowledge on here, over at Stangnet and on 1969stang. I couldn't have done with out ya!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I'm putting my AOD into the stang this weekend! I hope it goes well. Congratulations on work well done!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts