Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Florida and was wondering if anyone knows of a good source for a toploader. I currently have a 302 I just rebuilt and would like to replace the stock 3 speed before I put the motor back in. Don't really want to deal with anything long distance, you gotta trust somebody and then the shipping etc. pain in the a**. Thanx for any suggestions.

·
Registered
20,855 Posts
There's a guy in N.C. that rebuilds and sells them, also used ones too. I can't think of his first name, but his last name is Williams. He advertises a lot in the back of magazines, small ad showing a toploader. Hell of a nice guy, will talk your ear off. Some of the other members have dealt with him and had great experiances with him. I think he's out of Charlotte. Someone must know who I mean.

Tom
You can do anything you want to......ONCE!
aka "my 66 coupe"

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
A couple of ideas: As mentioned previously, Dan Williams toploaders has been around awhile and enjoys a good reputation. Sorry, I looked through a few M&F and MM and did not see his telephone number.
Also, there is a fellow in my area that rebuilt my toploader and has lots of them and parts. His name is Joe Hebert and his number is (225) 622-5738.
I know neither of these are local numbers, and shipping one would not be cheap, but it's worth a try. Good luck - Dickson

1965 GT fastback / "Fastbasketcase" (by Midlife)
There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness" - Dave Barry

·
Registered
514 Posts
Check Dan Williams Toploader transmissions at http://www.toploadertransmissions.com/
BTW I got my toploader by searching online newspaper classifieds. I got one from a 66 Mustang in good shape for $350. Also, I live in Florida too, where are you located? Currently I'm in Fort Lauderdale. Good luck.

http://216.71.48.244/archive/mikecar.jpg

65 Fastback 289 4spd in storage :-(
91 CRX Si... A.K.A. my go-kart with AC!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts