Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
19,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving to my office this morning, I noticed a white nondescript sedan up ahead with what looked like the shiny copper of an Arizona Antique license plate. I had to find out for sure. Unbelievable, the plate (which, for a fee, can go on any car that is 25 years old or older) was on a Cadillac of no particular outstanding qualities and I swear the car wasn't old enough to qualify. I guess it was a late 70s, but I'm not sure, as it only looked like a mid-80s model to me.

What a way to demean the word "Antique" and what a joke to put it on that car. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

·
Administrator
13,046 Posts
That's right up there with going to a garage sale and seeing "antiques" signs on various things!
Stan

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Apparently, the Federal Antiquities Law doesn't apply to automobiles . . . 50 years or older /forums/images/icons/smile.gif. . . I prefer to view my Mustang as "vintage", but certainly not as "antique" /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif!!

Rick

·
Registered
286 Posts
What irritates me is when I spot some rusted out, nondescript piece of junk sporting a collector car tag. You just know the owner is using it to avoid having to pass emissions every year. I hope Colorado doesn't do away with collector plates due to abuse.

G

·
In Colorado, antiques are exempt from taxes and road use fees.

I have a friend that licensed his 2 1/2 ton working truck as antique.

Your a fool if you don't use the loop holes available to you. If the gov't doesn't like it, they can change the law.

I presume the Caddy driver in AZ may have similar financial reasons.

On my Calf. car, I'll keep the plates I have since they are the original '66 plates. Don't know if there are similar antique rules here.

·
Administrator
19,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, in Arizona there is no advantage to having the Antique plate. In fact, it costs more to have, just like personalized plates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.