Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"wandering" in the mind! Does anyone else feel like they are just going nuts when you can't find something you had in your hand mere moments ago(wondering about where it is)! Yesterday, I had to disassemble the granada brakets,that hold the calipers, to grease the little slots they fit in. The brakes were not quite releasing. Anyway, as I take stuff apart, I like to place it in order of reassembly. Well, I cannot find the large bolt that goes in the front, when I returned to the drivers side (last one). I look and look and walk around acting like a complete idiot in front of both kids (18 and 15). They are snickering mildly (out of reach I might add). I must have looked for 20 minutes. Looked under around car all in the grass, where the he** is this thing. Finally ready to go to hardware store to get another. Figured I'd probably forget where I was going anyway and get lost or something. I look one more time and there it is, in the bolt hole where it belong, awaiting the braket reassembly! :eek: My kids are really getting a kick out my idiocy (wandering in the mind) and this car. Anyone else care to detail their loss of "sanity"???? (especially in front of kids or swmbo) :: :eek:

·
Registered
9,779 Posts
Could it be, that you are so entertaining to the younguns' when you are walking around in the mindless trance, that THEY hid the bolt to watch you go crazy looking for it???

·
Administrator
19,319 Posts
Too many times, way too many. Speaking of caliper bolts, I lost one. Specially ordered new in stainless steel and of an exact size. Lost during assembly. SWMBO visits me in the garage to find me ranting and stomping "I JUST had it!"
I specifically cleared the workbench and floor around my work area to help prevent this sort of thing. She volunteers to help look if I will calm down. And she does, having only the vaguest idea of what the thing is. We're getting to the far out ideas. "Maybe it fell off the bench (without me hearing it) bounced, and rolled the 15 feet it would take to go under the lathe." I bend way over to look and "Ding", it falls out of my shirt pocket. "Oh, here it is honey, it really did roll all the way over here!"
"No dice buddy. I SAW it fall out of your pocket!" Damdamdam and double dam. She gives me a dreadfully big smile and goes back to the house. After I finished up and had no choice but to go back into the house she was still giving me funny grins. Never a word, just little smiles the rest of the evening.
What was it doing in my shirt pocket? I never put parts in my shirt pocket.

·
4,128 Posts
My theory on looking for lost items is that after you die you go to purgatory and spend the amount of time there that you spent in your life here on earth looking for sh*t. Oh and it is triple time when you look for someone elses cr*p that they misplaced. I think that I am up to about 6 years or so. :p Stories about misplacing things, oh I could go on and on...
If I did not have my George Carlin sig line I would steal one from another VMF'er When you are not looking for it you find it fd

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I have "lost" more parts than I can count. Thing is that I bagged and tagged everything when it came off the car. Still, they just disappeared when, during assembly, I went to find them.

Later, while cleaning out the garage, I go to move my son's workbench (4 years old - plastic workbench with drawers). It weighs a ton. Open the drawer - every bolt, clip, whatever, that I ever lost! Guess he was helping me.

Frank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts