Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every morning I see several cars going the opposite direction from me on my way to work. These cars are all dressed up in the fabric shrouds for secrecy and have what I can only guess are accurate trip meters connected to the center of the drivers side rear wheel. It took me a while to get enough glances at what can only be the '05 Mustang. It has a really low roof line and high belt line, but the giveaways are the larger than normal grill intake and the circular turn signals on the bumper under the headlights. Also, the rear taillights have a distictive double split (making at least 3 lights). What I can tell is that the taillights seem to be closer together (like the current models and vintage style) than the "shelby style" I have seen in the pictures of the concept. Oh, yeah, the exhaust...sounds awesome. Just the right amount of rumble and growl to make the bowtie guys look around.
Of course I am not positive that I am seeing the Mustang, but there are just enough cues in what I can see that I have to make some conclusions. Unfortunately, I'm going to work every morning through a canyon and can't turn around quick enough, much less follow it. So, I'll just have to keep glancing and see if I can come up with any more clues.

·
Registered
952 Posts
If its the 05 it should have circular headlights. Those should be hard to mask off. Get out your lasso and rope one of those ponies!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, with the entire car covered in fabric panels, the cutouts for the headlights are an odd looking rectangle. I'm pretty sure it's meant to throw people off on some of the aspects of the car. It even has odd shaped "windows" to give the impression of a different car. Primarily, it's the stance, the LOW roofline and the overall shape that gives me the idea that it is the '05 on practical street trials.

K

·
0 Posts
Now get your camera. Leave a little early and wait on that road for them. Take a few pics for us.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Where do you drive again?? LOL! I hope I don't have to recant my vow never to buy a brand new car again!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem is, I don't see the supposed '05 every day. I see at least 1 disguised car every day, but they come sporadically and at different times. Probably on purpose for those with "spy" cameras. I should bring my camera just to see if I could catch a glimpse for you guys though.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I read an article not long ago, said that a guy sold a spy picture to a major car magazine and got paid enough to cover one year of his son's college - this was a 'vette, as I recall. Get the camera going and make some dough...but post it here too,,,,

jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts