Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I never intended to spend this much money on another (or this soon..) and am gonna have to borrow a little money...but I can't pass the car up...pres. blue with 2 tone blue deluxe interior, '68 1/2 CJ R code 4spd Fastback, headrests, PS, PSB, 3.91 gears, disc brakes added in rear, dual consoles, in storage since 1990, 3K mile on correct rebuilt motor, correct ram air s/u etc...
Car will need some paint down the line but I think I'm getting it for a good price.
Marti report matches up correctly...
Nothing more I could ask for in a Stang...this one will be around for a long time unless something drastic happens...
My parents and my uncle think I'm crazy but ya online live once and CJ's like this don't come around often!
See the pic below..pretty much same car but a R code CJ /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Mike

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Last one of those i saw went on e-buy for over 30k

Figures i have for the 68 1/2 R code are:

2,253 Fastbacks
564 Hardtops

And an unconfirmed amount of verts, believed to be 4 - 13.

I would KILL for an "R" code coupe....../forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Good luck!

Gary

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw a mint one go for $48K on a few months ago and have seen a few for sale in the upper $30K's...I'm paying a good deal less then $30K for it!
I had to sell the '00 Gt Vert to my g/f to help fund the CJ and buy her '93 Honda as my daily driver...I'd trade the '00 GT anyday for a true R code Fastback!! Plus I've owned 2 pres. blue GT's so I'm partial to the color /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
I'm flying up to see the car in a few wks, had a fellow VMFer look at it for me this wk and I have a bunch of pics of it...

Mike

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
A TOTAL wreck of an R code coupe went for 4.5k on ebuy a couple of months ago! I mean, there were massive great rust holes in it, didnt run, probably could not be saved, but still - I would have bought it!

What your buying is almost guaranteed to appreciate in value - plus you will be the envy of everyone here /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Gary

·
Registered
850 Posts
Buy it, take care of it, be sure to insure it for it's true value and it will be better than money in the bank. If the stock market falls on it's face, it only make rare cars more expensive. [color:blue] GOOD LUCK</font color=blue>

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trust me, I know. I work for a financial company!
Many of my relatives and people who "do not know!" are telling me I am stupid. They tell me I should pay off my student loan and not get into more debt...to an extent they are correct....but I'm 24!! To me this CJ is the ultimate classic Stang. Even if I buy it and it needs some work (i know it will need paint someday...) and I just sit on it til I have the money to fix it...I still don't think I can go wrong...I'll just walk with a new pride knowing I own one of the most saught after Stang made! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
Ya only live once and I think I have owned some sweet classics so far...this one is just icing on the cake!

Thanks for the support everyone.

Mike

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,653 Posts
Congrats

If you start second guessing the wisdon of your decision, just remember this, 10 or 20 years from now you can say with a smile, when I had the chance, " I got a CJ" instead of, "I almost got a CJ"!!! The fact that it will likely appreciate in value over time is merely frosting on the cake!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Saw your post on the CJ Registry site, Mike. Good luck with the purchase and hope it turns out to be a nice one!

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Welcome to the 428 CJ club!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts