Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched now for some time about a one piece molded headliner, and found none. I'm assuming that no one is yet making them? It would seem with all the restomodding going on, some one would.

Are any suppliers rumored to be working on them?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Wow, this is a really good idea!

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
You could make one yourself if you felt froggy . You would need a large piece of cardboard and healiner material and some 3M spray glue .
Would be alot of work but could be done . A fiberglass model would be better but $$$$ to ship .

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could make one yourself if you felt froggy . You would need a large piece of cardboard and healiner material and some 3M spray glue .

I've actually been doing some thought on making one myself, but figured if someone has done it already, I'd rather go that way.

If I can ever get my car up on a rotisserie, I was going to try to make a mold of the roof, and try a fiberglass panel. If someone made even the panel, they could sell the headliner as a kit with the panel insert and the headliner fabric of the approriate color.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
This isn't a new idea. I've asked about it before. Basically the best bet now is to head to the junkyard and find something reasonably close and do it youself.

My other idea is to make a fiberglass shell, and stretch some foam/felt on it. The problem is that it is concave and stretching that way aint so easy :p

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I saw a headliner made out of 1"-thick black foam-rubber (you know the kind used in hard gun cases), and it actually looked pretty good. All the guy did was cut to fit, and glue it in.

This stuff:
http://a5.cpimg.com/image/4F/55/39333455-f4d1-028001E0-.jpg

Looked pretty easy to do, too . . . ::

Rick

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts