Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think someone tried to steal my (65) Mustang - I was testing the car to see if it was the Generator that was a problem with the car not starting and it died on the far end of our street.
My son removed the distributor coil (thing) and replaced the distributor cap and clicked the snaps back. We then went to Wal-Mart to buy a set of jumper cables - we were gone about 2 hours. When we came back someone had pulled off about half of the plug caps off of the distributor cap and they were tucked back into the engine compartment.
I am not ususally too worried about the car being taken because we are on a military installation. However we ARE walking distance to Mexico where cars are said to go disappear to.
My question is - do you think this was a prank or does this sound like someone was trying to steal the car and stopped for some reason?
The car was on a dark street with no street light (residencial area) and we took the coil out.

Thinking about sleeping in my Mustang tonight :(

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Sounds like a prank to me.

·
Registered
471 Posts
sounds like a prank cause the wires were just pulled off if it was going to get stolen they would have torn up[ the ignition if they were amatures but since it was just plug wire off and stuffed else where sounds like someone messing with you. ::

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
It sounds like to me that they were trying to disable the car to come back later. They hid the wires so that you would not fix it since they did not know it was already broken down. Keep your eyes open.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all of the replies. I called the MP station and they said car theft is a big problem in our town :: I think I am going to put my german shepard "CUJO" out in the darport at night LOL!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Car thieves should be shot on site. All these theft threads are making me really nervous.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.