1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
838 Posts
I helped put a pr of those in a 39 ford coupe very nice and to sit in them was go 85 mph was even better.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I drove a friends 68 with those seats & my A$$ is too wide for them, 36" waist. The did not have a lot of paddign either.

I agree they do have a nice look!

Mike

·
Administrator
13,017 Posts
I would highly suggest that you see if you can try out a pair before you install them. I sat in quite a few before I put mine in. Cool is only OK if they are comfortable!
Stan

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would highly suggest that you see if you can try out a pair before you install them. I sat in quite a few before I put mine in. Cool is only OK if they are comfortable!
Stan
Ilike those too, I have a set in my '91 Coupe :biggrin:
I thought these look a little more vintage though

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
I had a set in one of my 65 Mustangs not too long ago. The car came with those seats. I am 5'11" and weigh in at 185 and I couldn't get my legs under the steering wheel. The seat bottom was a bit too tall.

That being said, I thought they were actually pretty comfortable. I replaced them with a set of Recaro SE's and those worked out great. So, I know nothing else was amiss with the car.

I know others on the forum have those seats in their car, and they say they fit just fine in the drivers seat..

·
Administrator
13,017 Posts
I had a set in one of my 65 Mustangs not too long ago. The car came with those seats. I am 5'11" and weigh in at 185 and I couldn't get my legs under the steering wheel. The seat bottom was a bit too tall.
That being said, I thought they were actually pretty comfortable. I replaced them with a set of Recaro SE's and those worked out great. So, I know nothing else was amiss with the car. I know others on the forum have those seats in their car, and they say they fit just fine in the drivers seat..
I know that with the stock steering wheel (rather large for my taste) there would be a problem. What about getting an aftermarket wheel?
I love my Grant one.
Stan

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just picked up a pair of Scat Procar seats and I'm very please with them. C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\coupe\picture 058

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I guess I didn't do that right.
You can't link from your home computer hard drive, it has to be on the internet. Bob has provided such a space to VMFers. Look in the top righthand corner in the purple.
HTH
--Kyle

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
yes they do look cool! AND they feel great when you sit in them. Friend of mine had some in his 66 Fastback..WoW! WEll Worth price!

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
You mean these???
Summit's a few bucks cheaper... :winkgrin:
Sheesh, nothing like a $100 dollar markup :puke:
Thanks Cloney :highfive:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts