Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.. that something would throw it off. I got downsized/fired/laid-off today. Evidently the powers-that-be expanded too quickly and thus needed to contract.... so I got stiffed. Oh well... not everyone has a head for business, and the owner of these lots really is a box of rocks. I get paid until Sept 10th, and I already have an interview lined up for Wednesday.

Maybe I will keep the paint-job... who knows. I was gonna get a Mach 1 parts car today... obviously that didnt go /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Oh well. Last Sunday's sermon was seeing God in adversity. He has kept me calm, collected, and looking forward... can't ask for much more! I know I will get another job.. not worried there. I just want to be dignified in the process... and not blow up the Corvette the owner just bought!! Hmm... need to make cuts to increase profits, and the SOB buys a Corvette... yeah, that is balanced!

Anyway, I will have PLENTY of time over the next few days (if I dont get a job sooner) to get my frame cleaned and POR'd. Cool huh?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation... I'm sure you will end
up with a better job, keep your chin up!!!

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Sorry to hear it CV, but keep your chin up and things will work out and probably be better than what you had.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I am convinced everything happens for a reason, though. Maybe something a lot better is waiting for you around this corner. Best of luck!

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Tough break Jim..but look at it this way..things can only get better..we all go through this job thing..you'll make out fine..Good Luck

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
You didn't get fired, but downsized. You can collect unemployment - I say why not, that's why us taxpayers voted it in!

Keep plugging away and goodness will come from it...I had a boss who said everytime he got layed off from a job, he found a more interesting/challenging/rewarding job afterward.

We're rooting for you!!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Good luck CV. For what I make as part owner of my business makes me wonder if its worth keeping my head stuck in the chopping block! LOTS OF RISK, little return. Thats agriculture, hehe. Hope things work out well for you.

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
4,414 Posts
Hang in there Jim, things will turn for the better. I, too, believe that things happen for a reason and that He is in control. I'll keep you in my prayers......Scotty

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I got downsized after 14 years in the same dump. They hired me back (not my idea) with less benefits. I waited untill it was my turn to return the favor (without K-Y). I started a new job with a bigger and better company. Now they are calling to try to rehire me again for $17.50 instead of the 14.50 they were paying me. They can rot in hell!. You see sometimes it works out in the end.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Well hey, atleast your not doing anything drastic. Staying calm through it all is the way to go. About that corvette... i suggest going to see Tripple X. Just imagine thats his corvette hitting the ground... youll feel a little better about that /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Well, good luck with the new job!

·
Registered
657 Posts
I am confident the Lord will give you a better job with higher pay somewhere along the line here. Might even throw in a co-worker with a backyard full of mustangs that have too many parts for him to keep and want to give you some. ;-)

Seriously...will be praying for your situation. The Lord doesn't close a door without opening a better one.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Hey CV sounds like you have done all you can do for the time being and using the lax time wisely,, GOOD LUCK Hey maybe the body shop needs help then it's a real cheap paint job

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Jim,
It's interesting that you thought back on last Sunday's Sermon. Great perspective and attitude. Don't mean to be flippant but Rom. 8:28 is true.

Stan

·
Registered
900 Posts
Sorry to hear it, but hang in there. There's always another job, and you'll probably look back on this as fortuitous. Good luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts