Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This would have been there when I restored the '66 many years ago. So much easier than buying autometer gauges and working to install them. There was no pre-made panel for them like now. I got the intellitronix that fits my '82 vette and they are greeeaaat (Tony Tiger)...lol >:) Just kicking another option out there for you guys. !/2 the cost of the Dakotas. They also have the 67-68 stangs covered.

https://www.intellitronix.com/product-page/mustang-65-66-replacement-dash

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
To "Back to the Future" for me. But so are the Dakotas to a lesser extent. What floats your boat may not float mine!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Not bad. I like it. I think I would use blue though. That red is a bit much for me. But you need to have a good panel since this is just the gauges.
Russ

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called for tech support on one issue about wiring. The tech guy also said they are coming out with the panel + gauges too (mustang). I guess I'm resto-mod all the way, I do forget so many still like the stock look. Nothing wrong with that, for sure.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I don't understand the "up to 255 mph" speedometer. Can a Mustang, or any car, go that fast unless it has a jet engine ? Kinda like a 12,000 rpm tachometer.... useless. These gauges aren't my thing, too Knight Rider" for my taste, but okay for someone else's car 🙂. Dean

·
Registered
603 Posts
I don't understand the "up to 255 mph" speedometer. Can a Mustang, or any car, go that fast unless it has a jet engine ? Kinda like a 12,000 rpm tachometer.... useless. These gauges aren't my thing, too Knight Rider" for my taste, but okay for someone else's car 🙂. Dean
What do you mean? Mine hits 255 mph on a regular basis...well, in my imagination anyway :wink:, and I'd suppose they're selling these 255 mph speedos to people with a vivid imagination.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do you mean? Mine hits 255 mph on a regular basis...well, in my imagination anyway :wink:, and I'd suppose they're selling these 255 mph speedos to people with a vivid imagination.
How about 225 km = 139 mph ? >:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts