Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from the West Texas Mustang Round-Up in San Angelo, Texas. I realize that few of you even know where that is but never the less, I won best in class (69-70 non-Boss). O.K., there were only six cars in my class, but who cares! There were over 50 mustangs ranging from 64 1/2 coupes and convertibles to a brand new 2003 SVT. Best of show was a 68 GT500KR Shelby fastback that was absolutely mint. Peoples Choice award was a black 2001 Roush convertible that was totally decked out. Oh yeah, I drove the Mach I almost 150 miles to the car show this morning and watched the sun come up on the way. THIS WAS A GREAT DAY.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Congrats. If you rally want to put some miles on it you should drive up for the Woodward Cruise in Detroit this year. You could see a few sunrises or sunset on that trip.
How is it determined what class you are in? My car when done will be very similar to yours. Very stock looking but obvious bolt on changes to engine?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great job.... A win is a win!!!!! I know exactly where San Angelo is. In fact, I once lived in Abilene and also in Odessa a few years back.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mark, I pulled my clutch equilizer bar off today and took several pictures of it from different angles. Hopefully, this will give you a good idea about the various modifications I made so it would work headers. I will e-mail them to you Monday from work.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mark, this was a "non-technical" car show. By that I mean there was not a concours, concours driven, unrestored, restoration in progress, or any other specific catagories within each generation grouping. They had the first and second generation cars divided into coupes/fastbacks and convertibles and the 69-70 group was subdivided into Boss and non-boss, but that was it. The organizers grouped the 71-73 cars, the 74-78 cars, the 79-83 cars, the 84-93 cars, and the 94-2002. From there, it was just line them up in the local Ford Dealership parking lot in the general catagories and let the local mustang club officers judge them. I must admit that I didn't go to win, just to feed my mustang habit, but it was nice to take the trophy and hear the 10 seconds of applause.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Missed the San Angelo part. I have done tire testing for Ford at the Goodyear test track at San Angelo. Nice town but too many damn rattlesnakes. Really had to watch yourself wen hopping out of out test vehicles at the track. Good mexican food though. Burrito's for breakfast??

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Small world. I pretty much grew up in Abilene, and more recently, worked there from 94-2001 before moving to Midland last year.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
I used to be concerned when only 5-6 cars showed up in my class..but I always told myself..I was ready for any and all competition..so I accepted the trophies happily..Congrats on a good show!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good job.

And you did it with a great car, congrats!!
..Enjoy the evenin'! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Congrats, that does sound like a great day!

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Congratulations!
As already said it is a good feeling when other people like what you are so proud of.

I tried to get my Mach out of storage the other day to take to a cruise-in, they have a new award for "Diamond in the Rough" which includes a $500 parts gift certificate. But the darned carb float was stuck and it sprays gas all over. Guess it needs a little more work than I thought.
Keep posting about your successes and keep me inspired!
J.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts