Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to rebuild my 65 200, i6 motor and I would like some tips on how to get the most hp from this engine.
Any tips would greatly be apprecated

G

·
you can contact clifford in corona ca their web site is www.cliffordperformance.com they have cams headers adapters for 2barrel carbs. there a bit expensive but its good stuff. i but dual outlet headers on with flowmasters and it sounds like and 8. i also but a webber 2barrel on and a pertonix system.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Al, what's involved with getting the Webber 2 barrel carb to fit? Exactly which model Webber did you put on?
Can you do the 2 barrel swap without putting headers on?

Thanks.

G

·
i bought everything from clifford. i had to get an adapter that goes between the manifold and carb bolts right in and then the carb goes on. im not sure what type of webber it is ill try to find out and get back to you. i also had to get a piece to extend the gas linkage. i bought it from clifford for like 20 bucks and then i looked at it and could have made it for 20 cents. clifford also recomendes that you get the headers first and then the carb thats what i did. clifford isnt the only place that has headers i believe headmen has some i would call summit and see what they got but i believe there about the same price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts