Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a few weeks ago about my attempts to get the AC in my 66 coupe working so I could continue to use it in the hotter weeks of summer. Ran into one unforeseen problem which caused a dufoos nomination -- if one has not been awarded this month. Plugged expansion valves, if not caught, can lead to a load boom! Just ask me how I know.

But that's behind me now and I do have to say that I'm impressed at how cool the AC blows. We've had high humidity and temps in the upper 80's this week here in Michigan (not good news for the Woodward Dream Cruise) and the air coming out of the vents is 40 degrees F or colder. It's almost too cold! And it also starts cooling almost immediately, not like my late model car that takes 5 minutes for the air to get cold.

I was reluctant to go with R134 in such an old system but I am quite happy with how things turned out. I see no reason to stick with that expensive R12 or alternative refrigerants.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Great news! I am curious how you solved the idler pulley/tightening problem you were having with two belts and only one pivot point. Did you ever get the idler to line up?

·
Registered
971 Posts
As red Green would also say, If it ain't broke , you ain't trying hard enough !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts