Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
That IS diguesting. The chebby engine doesnt bother me that much. It's that red interior on an otherwise sweet lookin' Hertz replica. That rear spoiler has to go to. It's just NASTY.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I must say though, it looks really clean with the exception of that silly wing :p. I'm sure he dropped a pretty penny to get it looking the way it does. Too bad about the Cheby engine though, other than that, I think he did a nice job.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I sure don't have anything against Chevy's, at least the older ones. The guy did a nice job, although I am not a fan of funky little wings, and yes, he could have chosen a better color for the interior. The rest of it is very nicely done. Got rid of those damned shock towers, probably has a Mustang II front end under it. Ya gotta love the MC setup he has on it. Kind of goes back to the old "It's your car, do whatever you want to with it". I was never a big fan of the stock 400, but they can be built to be very strong on the bottom end, and he is obviously putting out a bunch of power. Although, he's probably way overcarburated with that 800.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
It all balances out - I saw a 57 Chebby with a 427 Ford stroker (351) at our local cruise a few months ago. Really grossed out the Chebby guys - It's a nice car too - twin turbo-ed and intercooled -

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
The real travesty here is the red interior... I could care less about the Chevy engine...

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
man oh man is that an ugly car...I'm sorry guys and gals. I love all forms of Horsepower ...when it is packaged RIGHT! But that poor thing needs to be put out of its misery!
And if chevy's were so cheap why didn't he just build a cheap body to go with that cheap engine.....once again you get what you paid for.

K

·
0 Posts
The aerodynamicyst (sp?) in me just reels at the sight of a wing angled to provide LIFT!!!!!!!! :: :: :: on the rear of a car.

At least its on a RWD car. Ah wings on ricers (FWD)....that's more pain. ::

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
It sure looks like lifting wing, but it is hard to see if the lower contour is like in Mach1 wing. Those can look deceivingly lifting too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts