Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So (whether '68Hardtop' wants this done or not) I'm arbitrarily making it pop to the top. ::

It's concerning a valve that might theoretically allow for tuning some feel into our power steering system.

Look here.
(This article from one of the responses is particularly interesting.) Thanks for indulging me.

- Gord

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
as I posted in an earlier thread, there was an article in a rag (SuperFord, most likely) years ago on splicing a brass check-valve between the pressure and return hoses (on a 69 Torino :: )..the Heidt's item appears to be a more sophisticated version of the same thing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It ought to work. It's just functioning as a pressure regulator. It's too bad the guys building the hot rods with the chevy motors weren't smart enough to put the right pump in. But then if they were, they would have used a Ford motor in the first place.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
If you want to make the power steering really trick, make that valve speed sensitive so you get a lot of boost for parking and very little or none at speed. I'm confident this can be done, just do not know the path or have the expertese. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts