Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Patent an idea I had just the other day (at least as long as no one else has done it, and to my knowledge, it hasnt.)

It's obvious that i'm a fan of 69/70 mustangs, coupes especially. I was thinking about it, and there sure are alot of things about the 69's that i like that the 70's dont have, and there are things that the 70's have that the 69's dont that i like.

So here's my idea for a restomod. Combine the two! making a hybrid coupe if you will...combining my favorite aspects of the 69, and 70 coupes. Some examples would be,

the vertical side marker lights behind the headlights on the 70
the absence of side scoops on the 70
4 headlights on the 69
the tail light panel on the 69
70 interior (seats)
quarter panel side marker lights (they are sunk into the body)

and so forth, what do you all think? of course this is something that is a quite a ways down the road, but at this point in time, i think it's a great idea!

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Jesse ...If your talking restomod....alls fair! It fall's into the Dare to be different mode. If you looked my car over (right or wrong) I used the styling Q's I liked best from 67-68 and 69. I'm even considering a little side vent action from a AC Cobra.(???) The problem you run into...is you put a lot of "time and effort" into the Mods...and the only people that will catch it or "appreciate" your efforts will probably be the 69-70 owners. And of course many of them will be puriest and not like the Mods anyway.. :: 65 -66 owner rarly catch anything I've done...
I kinda like the idea that you can do these little subtle mods that aren't real drastic or stick out....but you put enough of them together and you end up with a pretty slick ride! ::

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Yeah and I noticed the french'd "Rear" mounted radio antenna and the dyed door panels and the embroidered headrest and the, and the....... :: ::

Oh did I mention the color coordinated rear sway bar?
:p

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
....what? ya missed the Chrome oil pan? I'll slow down a little more "next" time! :eek: :p ::

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Now don't YOU start! ....oh did ya see the color matched differential w/chrome nuts? :p :: ::

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
By the way Brian....better be nice to me! Or I'll show up this weekend with a jar full of "Nats and mill flys"! :: ;) ::

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Jesse, I have always thought the same thing about the '69/'70 sportsroofs. I like the headlights and front end of the '69, but I don't like the dorky little fake brake cooler vents in the sides of the '69, where the '70s have a much cleaner look (like the '69 Boss). But I really like the '70 Mach rocker panel trim, etc... I just never translated that thinking over to coupes--excellent idea, Jesse! The one you do for me, thought, make sure it has a vinyl top with chrome trim ::

1 - 10 of 10 Posts