Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you notice at the bottom of each forum there is a pay pal button. You can donate to Bob directly through that.....

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
That actually might work out ok. The logistics of shipping and all would fall to the shipper, so there would be no effort on Bob's part to make it work, other than putting up the web page.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Yes, Boss 351. I know that you can donate from the bottom of the page. I think you are missing the point. As I said in my post, I seam to be always cash short.But, I have to have parts. This way, Bob gets help with the website cost, I get rid of some stuff that I don't need, and someone else might, and I can tell SMBO that I am buying "NEEDED" parts....
As Kent said, everyone takes care of the shipping, and no one person has to take on all the problems,asWhizco did with the Eway auction. Also, Bob gets the funds on the spot...

·
Registered
680 Posts
I would like to help Bob pay for this website, but, seems like money is always tight..So, I came up with an idea last night.
We have a "free Parts" page. Why not a parts for help page.
We list parts we have to get rid of. Put a fair price on the parts, and donate the moneys to the website. Put a link to paypal, and the money will go streight to VMF.
We all have parts laying around that someone could use, and we don't need. I know I would like to get rid of some stuff, and I would feel great if the money would go here....
I think it would work as good as Whizco's Eblay auctions, except it could go on forever, and no one would have to go to all the work for everyone.....
What does everyone think????

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Given how well this community works together, I think your idea has much merit.

Kinda like a club fund-raiser...*G*

You might want to e-mail Bob privately on the matter or ask that he leave your suggestion at the forum top for a day so others can see and comment on it...

·
Administrator
19,354 Posts
Sounds like a very good idea. I Imagine it would all depend on getting it set up so it doesn't require Bob's personal attention. He's pretty got his hands full now. It seems like it would work even better than the auction did.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I think it is a brilliant idea! I'm like fordnut in that I'd like to help support the forum and am always short on cash and long on a few un-needed parts. And like the bake sale, the customer works through the buyer and Bob doesn't have to worry about the organizing, then operational hassles of a fund raiser. This allows me to do my part to help the forum.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Great idea, I have a bunch of stuff that I would be happy to sell and donate the proceeds to the forum. Keep us posted! James.

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
GREAT idea Fordnut!!!.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Steve, I think it's a good idea, but I won't know what is extra until the car is finished. But I do know that I will have extra parts that I can sell and donate cash, once I'm finished!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Excellent idea! Bonus is that since shipping falls to the current owner of the part, less money is spent on shipping the money to a 3rd party. (Money that can go to the forum.) Count my vote for a very good idea.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Hey Steve,

I think it sounds great! and as you said, it would definitely take the load off of one person, which I am ALL for! I am kind of curious about the shipping responsibility though.

If the shipping is dependant upon the person who is donating the item, that would leave a lot of folks out since shipping cost can add up, especially with multiple items or large items. This could mean less items donated or a person only using the donation page once in a while because of not wanting or might not be able to afford shipping for all items they may want to donate. Unless you are one of those that can afford a GarageMajal,/forums/images/icons/wink.gif then of course...$$ would be no object!

When I did the auctions, I did not realize the auction fees were going to climb through the roof. Thanks to all you great contributors and tons of items donated, my e(B)ay fees skyrocketed, /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif thus one reason I finally brought the auctions to a close, as I am not rich and could not afford to continue, no matter how great the cause was. As a matter of fact there is still one part of pending business to be finished before that part of the VMF legacy is completed (I'm sure a lot of you may have thought I had forgot!).

I might suggest, if even just as an option to the seller, that the buyer would use PayPal to send money to Bob for the item, and the seller would have the option of absorbing the shipping fees, or passing them onto the buyer, who in return would need to send a payment to the seller, just for shipping cost. I know it's double work on the buyer, but if they really want the part, then it would be no problem. This could be posted in the ad, along with the purchase price, such as Seller Pays shipping, or Buyer pays shipping.

Anyway Steve, I think you have a great idea. And this would definitely be capable of doing as well if not better than the auctions did!

·
Registered
884 Posts
This Forum is a classic ! If it ever got disconnected I really don't know what I would do with all my pent-up Mustang questions....

I would sell my Mustang parts to help sustain this web site. What a great idea.

Greg.

·
Registered
413 Posts
The parts could be shipped UPS collect. You recieve the part with no problems and it does not need to be signed for or paid for on the time of delivery. You recieve a bill from UPS a few days later for the shipping ammount. I had a rear valance shipped from Canada that way and it was only about $15.

G

·
0 Posts
I'm in! Helps Bob support this site, gives me motivation to sell some spare parts, and gives us all more access to the parts we need. Good thinking.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Guys, why not just sell the parts the same way we always would, through the parts for sale section and then donate the money to the site through whichever channel you desire?

This is totally hands off for Bob and requires nothing.

Isn't that the way things are supposed to work? You sell some parts through the site and then donate back a portion of the proceeds for the benefit you got from the site.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts