Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any ideas for a custom exhaust besides the normal. I just need some ideas for the tip of the pipe. I got my exhaust done a month ago but I don't like the way it looks coming out the back. Can a shop put the tips in the middle like the corvette...or is the gas tank a problem? I want something different. Need ideas ideas ideas! Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
How about side exhaust? Spintech has a setup, you can contact Bob (gt350clone), he installed one of their setups not too long ago. Although, I don't know how it would work out on a 'vert....may be a little loud for the driver/passengers when the top is down.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SIDE LAKE PIPES!!!!!
Had 'em on my 71 Mach years ago. Didn't work in the snow. Melted to ice in front of the rear tires, needed to be going downhill at every stop.....

JB

·
Registered
1965 2+2 Vintage Burgundy A-code C4
3,748 Posts
Never seen it, but you might turn them out BEHIND the rear wheels. I suppose you can exit in the middle, the late model Shelby's did. I have my turndowns tucked up so far you can't even see them....but I like them just fine!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's how I did mine. I used a dremel and made my own cutouts, about 3.5" with 3" X 18" chrome tips that are level to the ground and don't stick out too much past the valance. I used the chrome door edge guard strips to cover where I made the cutouts, using hot water to bend them to fit.

Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts