Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1964 1/2 Convertible - 260 V8 C4 Automatic, Power Top, Console, 4 Wheel Drums
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

I would like to plan on having the September meeting somewhere down
south - near Plainfield - since there are so many of us down there.

We did the picnic in September last year. Anyone down there want to
recommend a place to do it down there this year?

PS: Thanks go out to everyone that has made this forum a success.

This is thread #500!

-Zim

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
It's not quite Plainfield, but there's a real nice forest preserve in Woodridge right off of Route 53 / 75th street. Kind of hidden so it's not real busy and has tons of parking. Nice picnic areas with a couple of shelters that can be reserved thru the park district.

Sort of close to 355 and I-55. Here's a link: http://www.dupageforest.com/PRESERVES/greenevalley.html

Just the first of what I hope will be many suggestions to pick from.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
there vanhorn woods (I-55 and caton-farm road) or hammel woods, which is on 59 and black road, but its close to 59 and 52(jefferson... think thats 52). bolth of the places are pretty nice, i go biking at hammel woods often.
But, unless someone wants to drive down to peoria to pick me up, I won't be able to make it, since i will be a big college boy :)

- Jason

·
Registered
586 Posts
how about waterfall glen ?
just off of I-55 and rt. 83 .. they have good hiking/biling trails and a little more
scenic view.. although parking could be a problem due to heavy trail use on weekends .., while
green valley dues have mega parking area's .. p.s. paul , does someone on this forum work
for the forest preserve ??? good choice on green valley ..

G

·
0 Posts
Zim, how bout Naperville? The Exchange Club will be having their annual Go Cart Gran Prix through Downtown Naperville, and the Chamber has contracted us for their 2 nd Annual Car Show, last year we had over 150 cars and this we are expecting more. The club memebers could meet at Bicentenial Park for a nice picnic and walk to the races and show as well. It is a nice setting. My suggestion.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Van Horne Woods on the Lily Cache road side on a Weekend during soccer season is a no-no. That's where I'll be for at least 8 weekends with the little ones. There is a parking lot on the frontage road side and there is a little drainage pond lake for fishing. The Park off of Black Rd. that Jason mentions is pretty nice and easy to get to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts