Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these springs 25 or so years ago and just recently put them in the car. The ride height is perfect, the ride is too stiff for me. Can anybody identify what the spring rate is? I believe that they are a progressive rate. Stamping on spring says Pro-Motorsports, Eibach 17/93 and 67-70.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could call Eibach's US office in Corona, Ca. at (800)507-2338 or email them: [email protected] and maybe they could look it up for you.
Kind of thinking that I might have better luck w/ somebody here on this forum vs. reaching some kid who was in grade school 25 years ago. They might be next though...

Thanks, Robert

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Kind of thinking that I might have better luck w/ somebody here on this forum vs. reaching some kid who was in grade school 25 years ago. They might be next though...

Thanks, Robert
Googly for a rate calculator if you can't wait.
Wire size, base diameter and number of active coils should be close. I never tried it for a progressive rate though.

·
Premium Member
6,799 Posts
Just because why the hell not I called and found out Eibach once supplied those springs to an aftermarket vender (Pro Motorsport). They were manufactured the 17th week of 1993 and the rate is 394/520 lbs/in (progressive). Free length was 13.97" (call it 14) but that was measured at ride height static load so that measurement may vary from what you're holding in your hand.
And there you have it. (y) :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow! Thanks for doing what I was apparently too lazy/ignorant to do! Funny thing is that I live very near Eibach and have actually picked-up springs at their facility for another application.

At least I now know what I have! Thanks again, Robert

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: I worked w/ John @ Opentracker and tried multiple sets of springs. Standard big block springs, hi performance big block springs, etc. What I ended up with is the progressive rate Eibachs back on with Bilstein shocks. The shocks really seemed to "tame" the ride. I'll post additional as I get some miles on her. Thanks for all your help! Robert

1 - 7 of 7 Posts