Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 68 coupe jacked up (rear only) for the last week. Last night, we took it back down and this morning I moved it back from the garage center to its parking side. When I moved it out last week I had no problems; however, this morning the car had no idle speed whatsoever. It's not a very comforting feeling to be trying to pull a car into a garage by trying to control the accelerator and not having it shoot forward through the wall. Any ideas as to why Murphy suddenly won't idle? I really don't need this problem now.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Murphy has power brakes. If you had a vacuum leak, it wouldn't stop very good either. How were the brakes?

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's right, the brakes were fine. It just had no idle and I couldn't even lightly push the gas pedal to make it go. I had to push harder than normal, which is what gave me the vision of crashing through the wall.

We're going to check it out this afternoon, maybe we'll spot something that I messed up while cleaning underneath.

·
Registered
607 Posts
if the pedal is hard to push, it sounds like a linkage/choke problem, but jacking it up shouldn't cause that. pull the breather and operate the throttle, you should be able to find whats causing the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts