Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well getting closer on tracking down the extreme rich idle situation on my Edelbrock 750. At the suggestion of someone on the forum and an Edelbrock tech, I installed a fuel presssure gauge on the car today and fould that my fuel pressure at idle is 7-8 psi. Edelbrock recommends no more that 6 psi. Has any one else run into this problem and had to install a pressure regulator with one of these carbs?

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
When I was running the E-brock 750, I had it tuned just right (dyno proven ;)) and had no issues whatsoever.

But........I later found out that I was running quite a bit of fp. It was bouncing from about 5-9 psi at idle. So I just figured that particular carb was more forgiving relative to fp.

When I went to the Holley I put in a reg & run it at 6 psi.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I run a Holley Red Barrel electric fuel pump with my Edelbrock 1405 carb, with no regulator. I've run it like that for almost 7 years without a problem. My fuel pressure gauge, like Joe's, bounces from 5-9. I, too, just figured the 6 PSI that Edelbrock recommends is just "ball park" and the the 7-8 that the Holley pumps out was "within tollerance".

·
Registered
910 Posts
When I put a HV carter fuel pump on, it measured 9 psi at idle, so I went ahead an installed the regulator and set it at 5.5 psi. I wasn't having any problems except that the car tended to "high" idle after coming to a stop for just a couple of seconds. After I dialed the pressure down it behaves better.
Plus it looks cool under the hood.... ::

1 - 4 of 4 Posts